This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 38173

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4  
uglystick
daily driver...   Posted Mon Sep 9, 02   2:03 PM     

in the next year or so, i'd like to get a new daily driver. my truck is ok, it just gets shitty mileage and i plan on selling it. (it'll join the ranks of things that don't sell in the classifieds here pretty soon).

i just saw some ads and press releases for the cadillac cts type v. it looks pretty phuckin psychotic. sure would be a cool car. i really dig rear wheel drive, but a front wheel drive car wouldn't hurt.

right now i'm looking at the following (some a bit out of my league, some way below what i can afford):

'03 cadillac cts/v (my dream car, i'm a few years off of this one, and will never be able to afford the xlr, which is REALLY my dream car)
'99/'01 Cadillac El Dorado ETC

'01/'02 pontiac bonneville ssei
'00/'02 pontiac gtp
'04 pontiac gto (hmmmm, maybe a bit far off)

'02 subaru wrx (beneficial because we already own one subaru, another would be easy to deal with)
'02 Nissan Sentra Spec V (this little fucker scoots and gets good mileage but it's ugly)

'77-'84 Mercedes 300TD (bulletproof tank, yeehaw! offroad diesel is only $0.65/gallon out here and my contractor uncle has 600 gallons of it at any given time)

any thoughts? my criteria are a bit odd, it's got to get good mileage (adios gto), have a NICE and i mean fuckin nice interior - leather, cd player, sunroof (moonroof if possible), all the bells and whistles; and if it goes fast and matches those two criteria, it's a plus. but i'd kindof prefer something that i couldn't very easily soup up...

jason

1969Stang
Re: daily driver...   Posted Mon Sep 9, 02   3:12 PM     

2003 SVT Cobra
2003 Lightning

hehehe...
GTP...GREAT CAR....GREAT CAR....
I have a little supercharged theme going on here don't I..LOL
SL 500...
BMW M3
something like that...heheh..sorry maybe out of the price range..don't know..but it is fun to dream right...right..

Go Ahead....
Unleash your Beast....
Mine will be waiting...
BlownGTP

Re: daily driver...   Posted Mon Sep 9, 02   3:21 PM     

well man, i like pretty much all of your choices. My dads thinking about buying the new GTO when it comes out. The bonni ssei is a nice car. my friend has one with the same peformance parts as mine and we go mess with mustangs. You beat them once and they keep racing you. its like they cant beleive a bonni just smoked them.

Of course i like the GTP idea, thats a given. Very nice and confortable car that screams with minor mods. I think it has a ver aggresive look to it and it handles turns very nice.

Caddy STS and ETC are also kick ass cars. more confortable than you can imagine and 320 of northstar punch

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
uglystick
Re: daily driver...   Posted Mon Sep 9, 02   3:49 PM     

hmm, so i can put all the same mods from yours onto a bonny? if so, that's the car i'm looking for. it's the whole sleeper thing that i like. the gtp is a given badass on the roads up here. nobody fucks with em. cause most of their drivers will gladly stomp anyone.

jason

hooyeah
Re: daily driver...   Posted Mon Sep 9, 02   4:30 PM     

2003 or 4 not sure maybe 5 dunno chrysler 300n 4 door rear wheel drive 354 hemi also gonna be available in a convertible gto sounds nice too mercury maurader? 302 hp rear wheel drive 4 door

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
uglystick
Re: daily driver...   Posted Mon Sep 9, 02   4:39 PM     

eh, i want a good midsized to small car. nothing gargantuan like the marauder. and fuck chrysler. after owning this dodge i can't wash the taste of bullshit out of my mouth.

and fuck that hemi too. i got three 6 zylinder hemi's in my garage, one in my bmw and a semi hemi in my scout. and they're all better than anything chrysler could ever build...

the bonneville and wrx are both close to the top of my list. the gtp is not too far back. 4 door for sure though. if i could get a good deal on an aurora, i'd snatch one up in a heartbeat. but i can't.

the el dorado is still on my list though. they're sweet. it's just that fixing them is a bitch and i'd rather not deal with a car that is tempermental and my dads certainly has been and he drives it like a grandma.

jason

uglystick
another hemi bust...   Posted Mon Sep 9, 02   4:42 PM     

the hemi is the last few kicks of a car company that is being suffocated by their kraut partners...i'll give it a three year shelf life and there will be mercedes top ends in every chrysler vehicle available.

it's gonna suck. i'm sorry. it will be nothing like the old hemi's.

jason

hooyeah
Re: daily driver...   Posted Mon Sep 9, 02   4:44 PM     

hmm valid points just some ideas bonnis are nice id rather take one of them than a wrx just for the sleeperability auroras are nice too saw one at my school today on 20 inch blades i walked out the door and all i saw was CHROME and i also saw a grand am on 18's and a sunfire that had atleast 18's crazy shit and a 626 i think it was on 20's to but i must admit none of them were lowered just had the huge rims and well the chrome is wow but yah aurora's are a pretty sweet looking car saw a black one with some AR rims a classic style like 16 or 17 inch and it looked pretty damn sweet gloss black

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
FordFactor

Re: daily driver...   Posted Mon Sep 9, 02   4:59 PM     

GTP all the way, you've seen the gas milege, its the perfect weapon.

1/4mile+11.85seconds= me
uglystick
Re: daily driver...   Posted Mon Sep 9, 02   5:07 PM     

then why not a bonny, they're pretty similar these days.

jason

FordFactor

Re: daily driver...   Posted Mon Sep 9, 02   5:29 PM     

yeah i guess your right

1/4mile+11.85seconds= me
BlownGTP

Re: daily driver...   Posted Tue Sep 10, 02   7:55 AM     

Yea, you can do everything to a bonni that you can to a GTP. I think they only weigh about 175 more pounds too. When i race my friends bonni, i only get ahead of him by about 1 car length if that. If you do get one, The first thing i would do is Get some kind of Intake. if i were you, i would fabricate one. i bought the thrasher intake and i love it but i could have made my own and saved about $175. Than for sure do the pulley swap. You will love the pulley, Your s/c will sound like a damn jet engine. I drove around with just those things done for a while and loved it! Of course i had to further with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
MrPeabody

Re: daily driver...   Posted Fri Sep 13, 02   11:02 PM     

Personally i'm all for the WRX. It runs 14 stock, (gotta love all weel drive), not to mention it looks shaweet. Don't forget the turbo, and that it can run allot lower times without to much work. And it'd be hella fun to drive. Did I mention all weel drive??? Hell, if I had 24 G's i'd be all over it like riceboys on 10 foot wings and stickers but seein as how i'm 18 and in college...

-Ben

Phatmatt

Re: daily driver...   Posted Sun Sep 15, 02   11:01 AM     

I would think the WRX is a nice car to have. But a really good and functional daily driver would be a hmmm... something that has a lot of room in it.... comefortable to drive..... maybe a hatchback..... but not a SUV...... and starts with a V and ends with a N.....

MrPeabody

Re: daily driver...   Posted Sun Sep 15, 02   11:11 AM     

LOL
Only if you can buy a 12 sec one of the lot...

-BEn

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4