This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 38173

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4  
storm

Re: daily driver...   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   1:38 AM     

well i'd go for the WRX, we have alot in australia, and u can get them for about $15,000 (USD), u c them everywhere good car, they don't go tho alot of petrol, they r pretty fast, turbo, AWD, most of them r man i think the engine in them things will drag alot of cars off if u know what your doing with them, coz u don't need much for them to get going to 10's, i don't really know alot about them but i know that the engines r very good in them and most likly something that your looking for, it's not to small not to big i think it's a good size for a car
so if your looking for a good everyday sort of car thats a good size and will give u some power i'd go for the WRX
i was just sort of looking at a few at this car dealers i knowcoz they mainly sale, R33's, R34's, R32's, supra's, IS200's, 300ZX's WRX's, FTO's, mustangs and GTO's most likly a few i forgot but cars like that i just went there to look for a car i liked the look of a WRX and a supra that was there and maybe a IS200 or there was a nice R33 GT-R but it was sold,so i maybe be getting a Supra, IS200 or a WRX im not to sure, but if i were u i'd be getting a WRX

MrPeabody

Re: daily driver...   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   6:40 PM     

The problem is we don't get all those nice and shmazzy cars over here like you do, especially the skyline... pardon me while I drool:P We get stuck with peice of shiznit downgraded weak ass cars, ( it's all the democrats' fault:P )Yes the WRX is very nice though, goes for 25 thousand in the US.

-Ben

storm

Re: daily driver...   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   6:43 PM     

u don't get to bad cars down there, the one car i don't c much of that u's have is the eclipse, there's not really that much round here and i don't think they r that bad i'd like to have a drive in one to c how they go

MrPeabody

Re: daily driver...   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   7:00 PM     

Eclipses are all right, heavy sons of biaches but still cool. The GSX is the model you want. It has a turbo 4 cyl that puts out around 220 HP stock. It's also all wheel drive. Not much money will put you into 12's easy.

-Ben

storm

Re: daily driver...   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   7:16 PM     

yeah well i don't know much about them so, maybe if they r heavy get light panels, which will put the heavyness down a little bit, put a supercharger, in one, twin turbo, 4 inch exhaust, change the diff over for a better one maybe coz i don't know much about the eclipse's, that'll will give it more power, then do some major replacing in the engine and stuff like that that will get it faster to, but im not going to waste my time just saying all this for the fun of it, i could go on for a while but im not going to, but that will help someone out if they got one but i can't think of anyone in here thats got one, so enough time wasting done now.

FordFactor

Re: daily driver...   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   8:04 PM     

GSX and WRX simillar with turbo and AWD. Subaru looks nicer in my opinion

1/4mile+11.85seconds= me
storm

Re: daily driver...   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   8:09 PM     

yeah well as i said before i'd go for the WRX

MrPeabody

Re: daily driver...   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   8:14 PM     

Hands down it's all about the WRX. It's faster too, 14.1 1/4 mile stock, and you could take it straight of the lot and rally race in the SCCA...

-BEn

hooyeah
Re: daily driver...   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   8:16 PM     

umm no u can't u need to put in a roll cage 600$ for timing computers and no offense but i highly doubt the stock suspension would handle the bumps and conditions that well

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
resident chevette lover!
CHEVY

dodge

ford thats just the way it works
storm

Re: daily driver...   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   8:19 PM     

im still thinking about what im going to get tho, i liked my MR2 but to bad for it, i don't want to get anouther one u need to spend alot of $$ on them to get them to go real fast, plus i don't want a car that i've had before, and i've had alot of cars, so i don't know what to go for, im thinking going for the IS200 to c how they go when i put my stuff into it.

and hooyeah your right about that u need higher for rallying

Stryker
Re: daily driver...   Posted Wed Sep 25, 02   3:16 PM     

I was gonna start a new thread, but I saw this one and decided I'd just use it...I'm tryin to decide what I wanna put in my daily driver...my options are:
4.3ltr 6V w/ twin 8lb. turbos...not sure how much HP yet...
LT-1 350/375HP
383 stroker/470HP

~~~::::<Curtis Stryker>::::~~~
Tell me your thoughts and dreams. I'll find a way to use them against you.
uglystick
Re: daily driver...   Posted Wed Sep 25, 02   3:56 PM     

the real question should be, what do you put in it after that?

the answer: gasoline. lots of it. keep it a four banger, or a six if that's what it's got already. if you want it to go fast, i'd say to go with forced induction. chevy makes a blower for the four banger. i'm sure you could get a paxton or a vortech for the 4.3l.

my new daily driver is being driven! '91 geo prizm, gets new shoes and an alignment tomorrow. i've driven it 56 miles and haven't seen the gas needle move off a quarter tank yet! the new shoes and alignment cost less than 1 month of insurance for my dodge and elco.

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
hooyeah
Re: daily driver...   Posted Wed Sep 25, 02   4:35 PM     

stryker BIG BLOCK palin and simple gas oh well buy a chevette for a daily driver

resident chevette lover!
CHEVY

dodge

Stryker
Re: daily driver...   Posted Wed Sep 25, 02   11:35 PM     

In reply to:

stryker BIG BLOCK palin and simple gas oh well buy a chevette for a daily driver

Ok. I gotta admit...that surprised the hell outta me. Arent you the one who's always tellin me to put a 454 in my truck? You change sides pretty fasts, don't ya? LOL

~~~::::<Curtis Stryker>::::~~~
hooyeah
Re: daily driver...   Posted Thu Sep 26, 02   12:31 AM     

a 454 would be a big block dill hole

resident chevette lover!
CHEVY

dodge

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4