This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 5102

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)  
Phatmatt

Re: What's the best car for me?   Posted Thu Oct 2, 03   9:47 PM     

oh my god I just typed the longest message EVER and then my internet connection stopped for a bit so I have to retype EVERYTHING!!!!!! ....ok bear with me.

First off, I'm glad to see that you're all about safety. SMART.

Secondly consider that a honda civic was not originally intended to be a fast car. It's MUCH easier to bulid off of cars that were intended to be fast, especially american V8s. Larger engines offer you more HP (and the under-rated tourqe) usually for less money and work. Although, it's your choice and you have to be the one to make it. I just want you to realize all of your options.

I just want you to consider other cars. I know that style IS probably important to you, but everyone will think you're cool if you win no matter waht you drive. I drive a van, but the crowd still cheers for me. There are MANY other imports out there (new and old) that you might want to consider: 3000GT, Eclipse, Cellica, Supra, Imprezza, Sentra SER, 240sx, 300ZX, RX-7, and many more. Of course there are some that you won't be able to afford but ALWAYS consider the older models too. you'd be surprised. but also consider the domestics (especially the V8s and Classic muscle). I can tell you from experance that working on a 1970 Camaro is cheaper and easier than working on a 1996 300ZX.

One last think. You need to know that you can't just slap on a part and get instant speed. You've got to make sure everything works together properly. You can't just get a $1000 turbocharger and expect instant speed. That is a sure way to a trashed engine. You have to prepare the engine for it and make sure everything is going to work out.

thats all I've got right now. just read, think, and learn as much as you can.

give us some feed back and keep asking intellegent questions and you'll do fine.

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)