This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1021

Metal396
Went to the NOPI thing at Cali speedway today   Posted Sun Oct 19, 03   12:47 AM     

it was pretty cool.... suprisingly inactive while i was there tho... but it was awesome seeing alot of civics running in the 12 to 13 second range, beating on all the other cars that may have been slower....

the cars that really stood out were a (nissan?) pickup truck that run consistent low 11s, a carman-gea (spelling?) that ran low 12s i think.... and a sweet 67 cude that ran consistent low to mid 12s.

Its cool seein street cars go head to head in the 14 second range.. but ya there were the normal share of 16+ cars

slowest ones were a late 90s eclipse with like 19 inch wheels on it, it ran mid 18s all day.... then the only toyota celica there... gutted, body kit and all the other bullshit goodies... ran like 19 soemthin... so sad lol.

they also had there the drag cars, FRIGGIN SWEET!!!!!! a couple 8 second supras, 8 second crx, then 7 and 6 second cars i didnt know WTF they were... probably origional FWD cars made RWD for drag so it threw me off... thats the first time ive seen imports and 4/6 cylinders go that fast in person! it was sweet. a prostreet s10 went up, had a 500ci v8 in it, and it ran like an 8 somethin... but it was louder than all the imports put together, hahaha the whole crowd was like WTF! thats soo fuckin loud! haha, the look on peoples faces, as if they had never heared a v8 run before.

they were supposed to have a bikini contest there, but they couldnt find any girls LOL!!!!! so that was a big flop....

the best part of the day, was watching the drifters have their fun!!! that was the first time ive seen drifting in person, oh man it was fuckin sweet!!!! i was droolin all over all the NISMO goodins lined up for the drift course... and damn, those turbo 350Z's sure sound strange/crazy!

i wish i had a digital camera i woulda taken TONS of pics!!!! and i was only there from like 2 to 5.. so i dunno what happend after dark... i regret not staying longer... and it seems tomorrow (sunday) will be an even bigger event.. but oh well... it was cool.

What would have made the event alot more fun, and more like "the scene" would be if they centered the whole event on all the cars the people just drove in to spectate... the entire parking lot was modified lol. some rice, some good shit, a few domestics here and there... woulda made more people hang out and talk and stuff... just a thought...

And im done... anybody else been to some interesting events lately????

----------------------------------------------------
-73 Musatng 351c - 12mpg
-98 Civic EX D16Y8 - 30mpg
Phatmatt

Re: Went to the NOPI thing at Cali speedway today   Posted Sun Oct 19, 03   9:49 PM     

There was a special event at the Mailan dragway where they had like the last fun night friday before they close down for winter. It was ok. I didn't race though. The Talon is not full assembled yet and I didn't feel good anyway. Some people bitched because I didn't race the van and just let it sit in the lot.

MrPeabody

Re: Went to the NOPI thing at Cali speedway today   Posted Mon Oct 20, 03   7:13 AM     

Sounds sweet dude, I’m friggin jealous

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z