This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 6921

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
quik67firebird
Looking for a Corvette Project   Posted Tue Oct 21, 03   5:10 PM     

Hi all, I am thinking about trading off my 67 bird for a corvette project. My Bird' is running perfectly and there is nothing else that I want to do to it. I figured now is the time to look for a corvette like I always wanted. Anybody out there know of anyone with a project Vette between the years of 1968 and 1980? I figured I'd ask on a couple of boards before I tried the local rags.....

Here's a link to some info about the car.

http://home.dc.rr.com/jamesneliza/

Edited by quik67firebird (Tue Oct 21, 03   5:11 PM)

Phatmatt

Re: Looking for a Corvette Project   Posted Tue Oct 21, 03   9:43 PM     

hmmm... I like vettes a lot. But a 67 Firebird just rocks so much. There is a local guy here who has a blue 67 pushing 700hp and then his lady has a red 67 drop top. BOTH show quality cars.

I say keep the 67. I just like them a touch better than the 70s vettes.

MrPeabody

Re: Looking for a Corvette Project   Posted Wed Oct 22, 03   7:29 AM     

Agreed. 68-80 vettes aren't exactly the best of the bunch either.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z
BlownGTP

Re: Looking for a Corvette Project   Posted Wed Oct 22, 03   8:59 AM     

actually 68-72 were pretty nice than they started to slip after that.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
SweetNeon

Re: Looking for a Corvette Project   Posted Fri Oct 24, 03   6:22 PM     

I sent you a pm with my phone # give me a call, heres my email TripyRaver@aol.com, i have a 76 vette and know of 2 more great projects

LS4_454
Re: Looking for a Corvette Project   Posted Mon Oct 27, 03   9:40 PM     

Fuck, you have everything, just offer him any year Vette.

LS4_454
Re: Looking for a Corvette Project   Posted Mon Oct 27, 03   9:46 PM     

Stick with pre-'73, after the mid 70's they got smogged down and didn't get good again until the mid 80's. Someone has probably removed most of the smog stuff or it is choked to death from it and it will just be a headache getting it straigthened out. Go with what Blown said, at least 68-72, or maybe an earlier one. Maybe find one with a 327 (later 60's) or a 454 (70-72).

Phatmatt

Re: Looking for a Corvette Project   Posted Tue Oct 28, 03   8:42 PM     

Hell yeah man I'd love to see him get a 1970 454. I still think that his Firebird is gorgeous but if he's dead set to swap it for a vette, that'd be the one. Both cars freaking rule, but I guess it's a taste thing. I still say stick with the Firebird and put some more money into it, but that's just me. But you ARE looking for a project car, right? Something new to work on?

quik67firebird
Re: Looking for a Corvette Project   Posted Wed Oct 29, 03   7:42 AM     

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I keep hearing the same thing on all of the forums I post this on. "Keep the Bird" Guess I should think this through huh? My next step on the Bird is to replace expensive stuff and I figured maybe a change would make it more interesting. I guess I'll just keep the Firebird and do the upgrades. Anyone know where I can get a good Disk brake conversion for a first gen firebird?

uglystick
Re: Looking for a Corvette Project   Posted Wed Oct 29, 03   10:19 AM     

email me: jason@orionoutdoor.com

not only can i get you info, but i can get you info on doing it with stock gm parts. and it's easy...and cheap! my best friend's sister has a first gen camaro that we did that project on. i'll have to get the parts brakedown from him, but by the time you email me i'll have it.

jason

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft 45DCOE Webers; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.
BlownGTP

Re: Looking for a Corvette Project   Posted Wed Oct 29, 03   11:36 AM     

You should attack the suspension on that bad boy and make it handle now too. Put some nice racing wheels on it also. I have always wanted to build a GTO or firebird to be like elanor in gone in 60 seconds. Just an idea.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
hooyeah
Re: Looking for a Corvette Project   Posted Wed Oct 29, 03   1:07 PM     

what you wanted to build a clone wityh a 6 cylinder and a shelby bodykit?

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
jonorme
Re: Looking for a Corvette Project   Posted Wed Oct 29, 03   4:33 PM     

Elanor *Drools*

[External Image Removed]
Phatmatt

Re: Looking for a Corvette Project   Posted Wed Oct 29, 03   8:10 PM     

I would like to have a Shelby GT 500 but I didn't think that it was the best car for like "THE CAR." I mean they keep talking about how the car kept getting him almost killed...... how many times are you going to steal the same type of rare classic car? But it was a pretty good chase movie. Just a few things I would have changed here and there.

MrPeabody

Re: Looking for a Corvette Project   Posted Wed Oct 29, 03   8:33 PM     

I thought they had 351's in the clones?

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z
Pages in this thread: (1) 2