This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 7297

Silo55
Hybrid Cars? A rant about them.   Posted Tue Aug 15, 06   1:00 PM     

Heres a little rant that I want your opinions shared on this. I've been thinking alot, Hybrids are selling alot because they get good gas mileage, with teh most popular being the Toyota Prius Hybrid.Now, here, markups are putting those cars as much as entry level Mercedes and BMW, basically alot. What i dont understand is why spend 30k plus on a hybrid, when you could for say get a Honda Civic for about 16k. You save 14k in doing that, and you may say because the Prius gets better mileague, well, To the extreme teh Prius might a year, save bou 1000 bucks in gas money compared to the Civic, thus to break even you would need to own the car for 14 years. One thing, most people dont own the same car for 14 straight years, anotehr thing furthering the gap is at about 80-100k miles the Prius has a large checkup were expensive components must be replaced. THe Prius is really that nice of a car either, it gets great mileage, and thats it, and if something happens to some of the key components, your paying down thousands to fix them. When it comes time for resell, your not getting anywhere near your money back on teh Prius, compared to say a Civic, which general have high resell values. So the question is, why do people spend these huge amounts on money, when overall they will save thousands getting a car generaly equivelent to teh hybrids in terms of featurs, power, room, etc? Discuss and opinionate.

69charger
Re: Hybrid Cars? A rant about them.   Posted Tue Aug 15, 06   2:29 PM     

one thing i wanna get of my chest is the prototype gas electric hybrid dodge durango. one thing is how can that litle ass electric motor haul ANYTHING also its supposed to cost 42 THOUSAND thats bull shit

[External Image Removed]
talljosh85
Re: Hybrid Cars? A rant about them.   Posted Fri Aug 18, 06   3:21 AM     

well, my old man bought a hybrid escape to more or less aleviate the guild of driving an suv daily. he can easily afford it, and it fits with his moral opposition against the oil companies, although we both own stock in exxon so maybe it was just for sheer entertainment.....

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
SweetNeon

Re: Hybrid Cars? A rant about them.   Posted Fri Aug 18, 06   1:11 PM     

Well I have stock in a few oil companys so it helps me offset the costs of the gas prices. Fuck that slow hydrid shit i'll stick to my 9mpg V8

69charger
Re: Hybrid Cars? A rant about them.   Posted Fri Aug 18, 06   2:00 PM     

NOW THATS WHY EVERY ONE IS BUYIN JAPANESE CARS oh boohoo my viper gets 3mpg and a civic hybrid gets 43 waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

[External Image Removed]
SweetNeon

Re: Hybrid Cars? A rant about them.   Posted Fri Aug 18, 06   2:21 PM     

Im not buying many jap cars

69charger
Re: Hybrid Cars? A rant about them.   Posted Fri Aug 18, 06   2:30 PM     

theres only 2 jap cars i can recomend supra tt and skyline r34

[External Image Removed]
talljosh85
Re: Hybrid Cars? A rant about them.   Posted Fri Aug 18, 06   2:32 PM     

it isn't that slow, at least not much slower than the 4L exploder it replaced, and the cvt is rather nice

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
Riceracer
Re: Hybrid Cars? A rant about them.   Posted Wed Oct 25, 06   7:49 PM     

fuck off sweetneon

I'm so hardcore, I make Slipknot look like a boyband.
Chev427BB
Re: Hybrid Cars? A rant about them.   Posted Wed Nov 1, 06   8:41 AM     

Aren't r34s illegal outside of Japan?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Hybrid Cars? A rant about them.   Posted Wed Nov 1, 06   9:44 AM     

They arent illegal, they are just complicated (and impossible if you live in CA) to register. Driving an unregistered car is illegal, but by the same token I could go get a Yugo and keep in unregistered and be in the same situation.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
69charger
Re: Hybrid Cars? A rant about them.   Posted Wed Nov 1, 06   2:12 PM     

as rotary said they aren't illegal just impossible to get in america

[External Image Removed]
NOS
Re: Hybrid Cars? A rant about them.   Posted Wed Nov 1, 06   6:52 PM     

no theyre not... ud just have to be pretty rich to get one and theyre not even worth the money inline 6 for over 100k? even though the cars a legend i ouldnt pay that much n e ways the car itself can cost 60-80k and about another 20-25k to legalize them in the usa

if u read this than FUCK YOU

and ur mom fingers herself everythime she sees me
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Hybrid Cars? A rant about them.   Posted Wed Nov 1, 06   10:52 PM     

They arent really worht that much. Try looking at japanese personal car advertisements. They run a hell of a lot cheaper than you think, its importers that rip people off.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]